The Save Indonesia Coalition (KAMI) has objected to the arrest of eight people affiliated with the movement for allegedly spreading hate speech and violating the Electronic Information and Transactions Law amid widespread protests against the Job Creation Law.The eight people were apprehended in Jakarta and Medan, North Sumatra.“We regret and oppose the arrests because they were repressive; they are not in line with the duty of the National Police as society’s defender and protector,” KAMI presidium board member and former Indonesian Military commander Gen. (ret.) Gatot Nurmantyo said as quoted by kompas.com. He added that the arrests had a “political” purpose as they had been “hastily” made.Read also: Police arrest eight KAMI activists for alleged hate speech linked to jobs law protests“The [arrests] have framed public opinion, ignored the presumption of innocence and put a tendentious label on a certain organization, as the police have revealed the identities of the detainees.”Arrested in Jakarta were KAMI activists and executives Syahganda Nainggolan, Jumhur Hidayat, Anton Permana and Kingkin. Meanwhile, in Medan, the police arrested KAMI Medan chairman Khairil Amri and members Juliana, Devi and Wahyu Rasari Putri.National Police spokesperson Brig. Gen. Awi Setiyono claimed they had provided information that instigated hatred and hostility based on tribal affiliations, religion, race and societal groups (SARA) in relation to protests against the contentious Job Creation Law.The North Sumatra Police also accused KAMI members in Medan of instigating a riot that had broken out in front of the North Sumatra Legislative Council last week following protests against the omnibus law. (trn)Topics :
October 6, 2020
The home at 38 Courageous Ct, Newport.A near new two-storey home on the canals in Newport has sold for $1.08 million. Marketing agent Stephan Siegfried, of One Agency Redcliffe, said the home at 38 Courageous Court attracted strong interest from buyers. “It is a 2½ -year-old house so there was a lot of interest, as you would expect,” Mr Siegfried said. “It’s a nice, quality house on a smaller waterside block with a great outlook.“We had about 50 groups through and the primary interest was actually from couples.”Mr Siegfried said the new owners were a couple from Sydney. More from newsLand grab sees 12 Sandstone Lakes homesites sell in a week21 Jun 2020Tropical haven walking distance from the surf9 Oct 2019The home at 38 Courageous Ct, Newport.“They’re coming from apartment living in Sydney to their dream home on the water,” he said. “They are super excited.” Mr Siegfried said the Newport market was performing well. “The Newport market is always popular and the canal properties are unique for Brisbane,” he said. “The older properties with wider frontages and separation from neighbours are still popular with buyers. “The higher end of the market is a bit slower than the same time as last year but the prices aren’t really different.”
September 24, 2020
Vernon, In. — Construction signage will be placed this week along State Road 7 south of Vernon in advance of a $1,382,700 culvert replacement/culvert repair project.The Indiana Department of Transportation has contracted Dave O’Mara of North Vernon to remove and replace two existing box structures located on S.R. 7—one located two miles south of S.R. 3, the other located three miles south of S.R. 3—and repair or modify two other structures—one located 360 feet north of C.R. 300S, the other located 2050 feet north of C.R. 100S.Installation of new precast concrete box culverts at Turkey Run Creek and at a tributary of Vernon Fork will require 30-day closures of S.R. 7.Repair and/or modification of other structures at Turkey Run Creek and at a tributary of the Muscatatuck River will require lane restrictions for up to 45 days.All four S.R. 7 worksites are located between County Meadows and C.R. 300S.INDOT officials say site clearing will occur this fall followed by utility relocations. Actual construction will begin next spring.The contract completion date is October 31, 2019.
September 24, 2020
Promoted ContentThe Very Last Bitcoin Will Be Mined Around 2140. Read More8 Superfoods For Growing Hair Back And Stimulating Its GrowthFantastic-Looking (and Probably Delicious) Bread Art90s Stunners Who Still Look GorgeousCrazy Expensive Things That Taylor Swift Owns20 “The Big Bang Theory” Moments Only A Few Fans Knew AboutCan Playing Too Many Video Games Hurt Your Body?Top 7 Best Car Manufacturers Of All TimeWhat Is A Black Hole And Is It Dangerous For Us All?Is This The Most Delicious Food In The World?7 Reasons Why You Might Want To Become A VegetarianEver Thought Of Sleeping Next To Celebs? This Guy Will Show You Loading… Barcelona great, Rivaldo has said Manchester United should consider Blaugrana winger Ousmane Dembele. Dembele would be a good signing for Man United should they miss out on Jadon Sancho, according to Brazilian legend Rivaldo. He wrote in a column for Betfair: “Ousmane Dembele has travelled with Barca to Lisbon and there is a chance we’ll see him play against Bayern. “He could be what I call a ‘joker’ for Barcelona, coming off the bench to affect the match, as he is very talented.Advertisement “There are rumours about him leaving the club at the end of the season, but while he is around, the manager should use him. read also:UCL: Dembele out as Barca list 13 senior players for Napoli cracker “Manchester United are rumoured to be interested in him after having difficulties in their bid to sign Jadon Sancho from Borussia Dortmund. Dembele could be a good option for United. He’s very quick and talented, and I believe he could prosper in the Premier League.” FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享
September 23, 2020
Greensburg, IN—The Decatur County Community Foundation would like to congratulate the 2020 Lilly Scholarship finalists. The announcement came from the Foundation yesterday. The finalists are Ellie Acra (GCHS); Emma Luttel, Ashley Morford, Trey Nobbe (NDHS); and Bailey Tomson (SDHS). According to DCCF, the first step is an application that surveys the students’ academic history and community involvement. Following the application, they must write a controlled essay at a local high school. These scores are calculated to identify the top five candidates. Then, those lucky five deliver a five-minute presentation on a topic of their choosing and are interviewed by the board of the Foundation. All of the scores and input from local judges are sent up to the Lilly Endowment in Indianapolis for a final decision to be made. The winner’s name will be sent from Lilly later this year.
September 23, 2020
Lelia B. Schmaltz, 78, of Lawrenceburg passed away Wednesday, April 1, 2020 at Shady Nook Care Center in Lawrenceburg. Lelia was born Friday, October 3, 1941 in Kentucky, the daughter of the late John and Freddie Jo (Nelson) Dennis and Nancy St. John. Lelia worked as a QMA for many nursing homes and retired from Anchor Glass. She was a home caretaker for many people in the town of Dillsboro; worked at the Dillsboro post office; and was a past member of the Dillsboro Ladies Auxiliary. She enjoyed reading, gardening, and loved her cats.Lelia is survived by her children: Timothy Wayne Schmaltz, Daniel (Kathy) Schmaltz, and Angela Adkins all of Aurora; brothers Charlie Dennis of Chicago, Illinois and John Dennis of Memphis, Tennessee; sister Marvene Huss of Laughlin, Nevada; six grandchildren; and three great grandchildren. She was preceded in death by her parents.To adhere to the Governor’s mandate, a private visitation will be held for Lelia Schmaltz’s family. A public funeral service will be held at 12 Noon Friday, April 3, 2020 at Oakdale Cemetery, Dillsboro, with Pastor Steven O’Brien officiating. Memorials may be given in honor of Lelia to the Children Advocate Center or Relay for Life. Filter-DeVries-Moore Funeral Home entrusted with arrangements, Box 146, Dillsboro, IN 47018, (812)432-5480. Please reach out to the family through our website at www.filterdevriesmoore.com to leave an online condolence message.
September 21, 2020
Press Association Stoke City chairman Peter Coates has branded the Football Association’s decision to charge Charlie Adam with violent conduct as “appalling”. Coates told the Stoke Sentinel: “We feel this is trial by media. We are disgusted. “Charlie absolutely assures us it was not intentional. We will defend it vigorously. It is appalling.” Coates is said to be particularly aggrieved that other recent incidents that were missed at the time by match officials went unpunished. Coates added: “We have seen some of the things that have gone on in recent weeks and no-one has been called to account.” Adam is alleged to have stood on Arsenal’s Olivier Giroud in the second half of the club’s 1-0 win over the Gunners on Saturday in an incident missed by referee Mike Jones. Adam faces a three-match ban if found guilty and despite the possibility of that punishment being increased, Coates has declared the club’s intention to appeal “vigorously”.
September 21, 2020
Press Association Nathan Dyer’s 23rd-minute goal saw off the Clarets but it was not without scare as Burnley dominated the second half and probably should have returned home to Lancashire with a point. Danny Ings was a constant thorn in the Swansea defence and goalkeeper Lukasz Fabianski had to make an excellent second-half stop to deny David Jones and preserve the 1-0 success. But Heaton was beaten five minutes later as Ben Mee failed to intercept Sigurdsson’s ball and Dyer advanced to beat Heaton inside his near post with a shot which raised question marks about the Clarets goalkeeper. The goal settled Swansea down and Bony began to flex his considerable muscles but Burnley were well-organised and refused to yield too much space. Sigurdsson volleyed over from the edge of the area following a poor clearance from Michael Duff, who was making his 500th career appearance, and Bony’s weak shot was comfortably held by Heaton – but Burnley had no further alarms before the break. Bony had another chance straight after the restart when Dean Marney’s headed back pass fell into his path but he horribly miskicked as he bore down on goal. But Burnley were still very much in the game and Jutkiewicz felt he should have had a penalty after more good work by Ings, although television replays showed Ashley Williams made contact with the ball. Scott Arfield and Marney both saw wayward efforts fly wide and Ings’ drive was deflected wide as the home crowd began to get restless. And Burnley should have been level when Marney’s 64th minute cross picked out the unmarked Jutkiewicz but the former Middlesbrough forward headed over. Garry Monk had seen enough and sent on Bafetimbi Gomis and Jefferson Montero for Bony and Dyer – but Burnley were within inches of equalising when Ings found David Jones and his shot was saved by Fabianski, with the ball just evading Jutkiewicz at the far post. Swansea almost released the pressure valve when Montero’s cross was punched out by Heaton and Ki Sung-yeung’s rising drive just cleared the crossbar. Burnley continued to press in the final minutes just as they had done all half but Swansea held on to make it two wins from two games. Swansea backed up their opening-day win at Manchester United with victory over battling Burnley at the Liberty Stadium. The hosts were unchanged following their shock victory at Old Trafford, with midweek signings Federico Fernandez and Tom Carroll not included in the matchday squad. Burnley were also unchanged from their 3-1 home defeat to Chelsea as Sean Dyche’s side attempted to put their first points on the Barclays Premier League board following their promotion from the Championship. Swansea went close to taking a third-minute lead when Wayne Routledge’s cross found Wilfried Bony 12 yards out. The Ivorian’s header seemed destined for the far corner of the net but Jason Shackell intervened with a precious header. Burnley were not shy in coming forward and Ings was lively as he played off the burly frontman Lukas Jutkiewicz. Ings volleyed over from just inside the box after Jonjo Shelvey had been dispossessed and then he reached the byline to cut back a cross which Fabianski was grateful to grasp with Jutkiewicz lurking. Shelvey forgot about his earlier error to get Swansea moving with a raking 40-yard pass which released Routledge down the right. Routledge sped past Kieran Trippier to deliver the perfect ball for Gylfi Sigurdsson but the Icelandic midfielder’s shot lacked power and Tom Heaton held on.
September 19, 2020
…only new face in Guyana Jaguars squadFOLLOWING his predictable maiden call-up to the Guyana Jaguars squad for the sixth round game against Jamaica Scorpions in the West Indies Cricket Board’s Professional Cricket League (PCL) four-day competition, 19-year-old Keemo Paul hopes to grab the opportunity with both hands.Paul replaces fellow all-rounder Christopher Barnwell and is the only new face in a 13-man squad, released by the Guyana Cricket Board on Saturday afternoon.In an exclusive interview, the former West Indies Under-19 vice-captain said that the selection is another opportunity for him to play alongside the region’s best players.“I must thank the selectors for showing faith in me and putting me in the four-day squad; it’s a very good feeling. This is a very big opportunity for me to play alongside senior players like Shivnarine Chanderpaul, Leon Johnson, guys that you look up to,” Paul said.Once given the opportunity to play, the Saxacalli, Essequibo River-born resident disclosed that he is fit and ready to showcase his talent.“I will try to gain as much possible knowledge from these guys and definitely try to improve my game; I’m just looking to grab this opportunity with both hands and make it count and try to be consistent as possible”.He added, “I’m ready, I have been training hard, going to the gym, eating healthy and I’m 100% fit and I’m just ready to go show what I can do,” Paul assured.There is no question about Paul’s talent. The all-rounder has represented Guyana at all the youth levels. His enormous performances at the Under-19 level earned him a place in the West Indies Under-19 team for the 2016 Youth World Cup.Subsequently, Paul was one of three over-aged player to have featured in the West Indies Youth team that competed in the recently concluded Super50 competition.In the Super50, he made 139 runs from 11 innings, including a highest 72 against English county side Kent Spitfire.He also picked up 10 wickets at 27 apiece, with a best of 4-31 against Windward Islands Volcanoes. Paul had a four-wicket haul against Leeward Islands Hurricanes.Meanwhile, Romario Shepherd, has been drafted into the squad, who leave this morning for the Reggae Island.The game, which bowls off on Friday, is a top-of-the-table clash. Scorpions, with three wins and a loss and a draw have 67.6 points, while Jaguars, with two wins, one loss and two drawn encounters are in second spot on 64.4 points.Barbados Pride (47.2), Windward Islands Volcanoes (41.6), Leeward Islands Hurricanes (39.4) and Trinidad and Tobago Red Force (35.6) complete the table.The Guyana Jaguars squad reads: Tagenarine Chanderpaul, Shimron Hetmyer, Leon Johnson (captain), Vishaul Singh, Shivnarine Chanderpaul, Raymon Reifer, Anthony Bramble, Romario Shepherd, Veerasammy Permaul, Gudakesh Motie, Keon Joseph, Rajendra Chandrika and Keemo Paul.
September 18, 2020
CMC – The coronavirus pandemic is set to deal a harsh blow to the earnings of Caribbean stars in the Australia Super Netball League, after the players association here struck a deal with organisers for a reduction in player salaries.With the start of the league suspended until at least June 30 because of the COVID-19 outbreak, all contracted players have been forced to take two weeks leave from their respective clubs starting from Monday.They will then be placed on “active rest” for seven hours each week for the three weeks following, and have their pay reduced by 70 per cent.“These are difficult and unprecedented times, not only in netball, but right across the world,” said Super Netball CEO Chris Symington.“In a less than ideal situation, our players have shown maturity and understanding throughout these discussions and we’re pleased to have reached an outcome for the near future.“The league has put measures in place to ensure that all players have wellbeing support during this time, and, over the next five weeks, we will have further discussions with the ANPA to determine any further changes to conditions that might need to be made.”Jamaican stars Shamera Sterling, Kadie-Ann Dehaney, Jodi-Ann Ward, Jhaniele Fowler, Romelda Aiken and Shimona Nelson, along with Trinidadian Samantha Wallace, all currently campaign in the league.Wallace, a 26-year-old goal-shooter, was voted Most Valuable Player in last season’s grand final when New South Wales Swifts defeated Sunshine Coast Lightning.Players Association CEO, Kathryn Harby-Williams, said the economic fallout for players was inevitable, especially as the COVID-19 persisted across the globe.“Our sport is not immune. Over the past few days we have endured some of our most difficult times when faced with the harsh reality of an uncertain future,” Harby-Williams said.“We fully understand we need to play our role to enable netball to get through these bleak times, hence we have agreed to take a pay cut.“Our game has worked really hard to continue to increase the minimum wage and allow players to be contracted for 12 month periods, but the brutal truth is that our minimum wage is $30 000 per annum and this pay reduction will be severely felt.“However, we know we are not alone and many others throughout our community are suffering.”She added: “On a positive note, the players feel well supported and are particularly grateful that the sport has introduced a wellbeing taskforce to help them through this extraordinary period. We look forward to getting to the other side to do what we do best – and that is play the game we love.”