123 Street, NYC, US 0123456789 [email protected]

上海419论坛,上海龙凤419,爱上海 - Powered by Annam Dedric!

jvtbbmru

first_img Next Press Trust of India KarachiFebruary 19, 2019UPDATED: February 19, 2019 22:58 IST Pakistan will not be taking part in the ISSF World Cup in India (Representative Photo)HIGHLIGHTSPakistan will not travel to India for ISSF World CupOne of the shooters was also a Pakistan Navy PersonnelThe served as a qualifier for the 2020 Olympic gamesPakistan will not participate in the shooting World Cup in New Delhi after a top official of the national federation confirmed Tuesday that its marksmen had not been issued visas by the Indian High Commission.The Pulwama terror attack, which killed 40 CRPF personnel, had cast a doubt on Pakistan shooters’ participation in the season-opening International Shooting Sport Federation (ISSF) World Cup in the Indian capital.”We were supposed to fly out by Wednesday morning as the championship begins from Thursday but we were not issued visas today [Tuesday] so the visit is as good as off,” Pakistan’s National Rifle Shooting Federation (NSRF) president Razi Ahmed told PTI.”I was a bit worried about getting the visas after the Pulwama incident and our fears have come true. It is disappointing that our shooters will not get a chance to try to qualify for the Olympic Games,” Razi said.A source in the federation confirmed that one of the shooters was also a Pakistan Navy Personnel.Razi said air tickets had been booked as well as NOCs obtained for taking the ammunition to New Delhi for the use in the championship.He said Pakistan had applied for visas for the two shooters — G M Bashir and Khalil Ahmed — in the rapid fire category as the event in New Delhi will also serve as a qualifier for the 2020 Olympic games.”We had also applied for a visa for the team manager,” he said.On Monday, the National Rifle Association of India had claimed that it had received confirmation from the Indian High Commission that visas were granted to the two Pakistan marksmen, scheduled to participate in the event, and one manager.advertisementRazi said the secretary of the Indian shooting federation had assured him that since the Indian Home Ministry has given clearance the Indian High Commission in Islamabad would issue the visas but that did not happen in the end.Meanwhile, National Rifle Association of India (NRAI) said it did not receive any confirmation on Pakistan shooters’ participation in the World Cup.”We have received no updates from Pakistan about their shooters’ participation,” NRAI secretary Rajiv Bhatia said.The ISSF event, which will offer 16 quota places for the 2020 Tokyo Olympics, starts at the Dr Karni Singh Range on Thursday.Also Read | Visa granted to Pakistan shooters for Shooting World Cup in New DelhiAlso Read | Pakistan won’t send shooters to Delhi World Cup if visas not issued by Monday eveningAlso Read | Visa will not be denied: Pakistani players to be cleared for Shooting World Cup New DelhiFor sports news, updates, live scores and cricket fixtures, log on to indiatoday.in/sports. Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter for Sports news, scores and updates.Get real-time alerts and all the news on your phone with the all-new India Today app. Download from Post your comment Do You Like This Story? Awesome! Now share the story Too bad. Tell us what you didn’t like in the comments Posted byPTI Tags :Follow PakistanFollow Pakistan shootersFollow New Delhi World CupFollow Shooting World CupFollow ISSF World CupFollow India visa Pulwama fallout: Pakistan shooters will not take part in New Delhi World CupPakistan will not be travelling to India for the ISSF World Cup in New Delhi after their shooters were not issued visas by the Indian High Commissionadvertisementlast_img read more

ivjkubtm

first_img banning hand-held cellphones expanding penalties for street racing making punishments tougher for driving with a .05 blood-alcohol level retrofitting 100 series highways with rumble strips as part of repaving projects legislating and funding public safety improvements for crosswalks, school zones, bicycles and buses The Nova Scotia Road Safety Action Plan will be released later this year. The departments of Health and Wellness, Justice, Transportation and Infrastructure Renewal and Service Nova Scotia and Municipal Relations are working on the strategy. Road safety survey highlights are available at www.gov.ns.ca/tran/publications . The province will use information from a 2011 survey of Nova Scotians to continue improving road safety. The 2011 Nova Scotia Road Safety Survey provides insight into the public’s knowledge, attitudes and behaviours and reveals that Nova Scotians are concerned about dangerous driving and inattention. “We all need to pay attention to the road and be aware of the consequences if we don’t,” said Bill Estabrooks, Minister of Transportation and Infrastructure Renewal. “We need to use what Nova Scotians said to guide our work with partners to improve road safety for everyone.” “Whether we are on foot, on a bike, a bus or in a car, we all travel on roads and we all have a role in making them safer,” said Jackie Norman, president and CEO, Safety Service Nova Scotia. The survey results will be released at the organization’s third annual road safety conference today, March 27. Findings show that most people understand the dangers of risky road behaviour, such as driving under the influence of alcohol, prescribed drugs or illegal substances, or driving while distracted by cellphones and other telecommunications devices. Results also showed that knowing the dangers does not always stop bad habits. Ten per cent of those surveyed in 2011 said they often use mobile telecommunications devices while driving, up from six per cent in 2009. Nineteen per cent said they had to avoid a crash in the past year and 72 per cent said it happened more than once. “Even though drivers view distracted driving as a serious concern, 80 per cent of them said they had engaged in at least four distracting activities while driving during the past month,” said Kent Speiran, Transportation and Infrastructure Renewal’s manager of road safety. “We estimate that more than 6,000 people nod off at the wheel every year. Most people think that it’s not going to happen to them.” Corporate Research Associates surveyed 1,400 people 16 years or age and older. Respondents were asked to rate the seriousness of traffic safety issues. The top four were drivers using cellphones (74 per cent), driver distraction (72 per cent), drinking and driving (71 per cent) and speeding (65 per cent). Questions also focused on illicit and prescription drug use and awareness of penalties for driving with a blood alcohol level of .05 or .08. One in 10 said they had been in a car with a driver who had been consuming alcohol or drugs. Nearly seven of 10 said a person cannot drive safely after taking any illegal drugs. “The survey tells us that we need to do more to change people’s behaviour to make our roads safer,” Mr. Speiran said. “The information will help us as we move forward with our provincial road safety action plan.” Surveys, consultations and research have led to provincial partnerships that are allowing measures to make roads safer and life better for families in Nova Scotia, such aslast_img read more